Opla is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information which is collected, used and disclosed in the conduct of its business. Opla shall comply with all applicable regulatory requirements concerning the collection, use or disclosure and protection of personal information.
Personal information means any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual, except business title and business contact information, and includes information about prospective, present or former employees and external parties. Opla will obtain express or implied consent of individuals, except where otherwise permitted by law, to collect, use and disclose personal information for reasonable business purposes. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from your action or inaction. The purpose for the collection, use or disclosure of the personal information, except where otherwise permitted by law, will be identified before or when the information is collected.
Through this web site, Opla does automatically collect information about internet service networks used to access our web site. This data does not contain any personal information about individual visitors to the site but does include your Internet Protocol Address and domain name used, the type of browser and operating system, the date and time of the visit and the web pages or services accessed. The information collected is used for purposes that include assessing system performance, improving web services and website management as well as tracking the number of visitors to the site.
In general, personal information collected, used and disclosed about prospective, present or former employees is for administering, planning and managing an individual's employment relationship with Opla and includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and security of staff and corporate assets, including company-held information;
- Determining eligibility for initial employment, including the verification of references and qualifications;
- Administering pay and benefits;
- Facilitating professional development and performance;
- Complying with applicable employment or legal requirements;
- Communicating with staff; and
- Other reasonable purposes as required to manage the employment relationship.
In general, the personal information collected, used and disclosed about external parties is for the purposes of:
- Providing information about Opla and its operations to external parties;
- Managing and administering contracts with external parties;
- Establishing, maintaining and managing Opla’s business relationship with and providing for the safety of external parties;
- Meeting any legal or regulatory requirement or obligation;
- Facilitating participation in Company sponsored events;
- To protect the rights and property of Opla;
- During emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of an individual or group of individuals; and
- Other reasonable purposes consistent with Opla’s business objectives.
Access To Personal Information:
An employee’s personnel / employment file and its contents are the sole property of the Company. Employees may request access to their personnel file at any time by contacting Human Resources who will make the appropriate contents available to the employee for review in the presence of the Human Resources Manager.
Opla shall protect the personal information that is in its possession by making reasonable security arrangements against such risks as unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction. In the event that the security of personal information has been compromised, Opla will notify affected individuals as soon as possible and initiate all possible steps to mitigate the effects of the breach.